Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Trip 8: Chicago Public Library/Cultural Center




Date: April 10, 2010
Trip: 8
No. of Landmarks Visited: 1
Landmarks To-Date: 11
Landmarks Remaining: 342

I kind of cheated with the Cultural Center because I had to be there last Saturday for the Chicago Creative Expo. The expo is basically a one day convention of businesses and organizations that target the arts. I had a table there for my insurance business

The Cultural Center was originally built as a Chicago public library branch. It's a Romanesque temple-style building with two huge marble staircases, a Tiffany dome and coffered ceilings. The interior lay-out is a little odd, in that it's difficult to get to one end of the building from the other.

I planned to take pictures of the exterior of the building after the expo, but I was a little tired at that point. And I had a lot to carry. So all I took were a couple of bad interior shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment