Saturday, October 16, 2010

Trip 73: East Village District

Date: October 14, 2010
Trip: 73
Landmarks Visited: 1
Landmarks To-Date: 200
Landmarks Remaining: 153

On Thursday after work I took a quick drive to the East Village neighborhood. This trip was a little bit of a milestone since it was my 200th landmark. This trip also made me realize that I won't be able to make after work trips much longer. By the time I walked through most of the neighborhood it was too dark to take pictures. Once the time changes, I will be limited to weekends to knock-off the remaining landmarks.

The East Village is a residential neighborhood of mostly single-family homes. The houses are more modest than those in the landmark districts of Lincoln Park and Gold Coast. And not as many of the originally homes remain. Still it is a pleasant neighborhood with tree-lined streets and well maintained houses.














No comments:

Post a Comment