Saturday, March 5, 2011

Trip 93: 63rd Street Bathing Pavilion

Date: February 19, 2011
Trip: 93
Landmarks Visited: 1
Landmarks To-Date: 240
Landmarks Remaining: 113

On President's Day weekend I was headed to Toledo for a surprise visit to my parents. I left early Saturday morning and stopped by the 63rd Street Bathing Pavilion on the way. It was a cold, snowy morning so it wasn't too shocking that I was literally the only person on the beach. It was pretty unusual to be walking on frozen sand that crunched under my feet.

The pavilion is a big facility completely surrounded by a pretty tall wall. It looks almost like a small fortress on the beach. According to the signage there is a fountain inside the pavilion, but I wasn't able to find a vantage point where I could see it.






No comments:

Post a Comment