Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trip 71: Last Summer Bike Ride (Belle Shore Apartment Hotel)

Date: September 21, 2010
Landmarks Visited: 1
Landmarks To-Date: 198
Landmarks Remaining: 155

On the last full day of summer I took a short bike ride north after work to see the Belle Shore Apartment Hotel. I hope to get a few more rides in this fall, but realistically I'm running out of landmarks within bike distance. Or at least within a distance that I'm willing to ride--and that I can get to without riding on streets with too much traffic.

The hotel was built in 1929 and was named after the developer's wife Belle, and its location near Lake Michigan. It's decorated with cream and green tiles, and what looks like gold leaf. The building has been renovated and is still houses apartments.







No comments:

Post a Comment