Saturday, May 1, 2010

Trip 19: Surf-Pine Grove District




















Date: April 27, 2010
Trip: 19
Landmarks Visited: 1
Landmarks To-Date: 25
Landmarks Remaining: 328
This trip was my first example of lack of planning. Only after the fact did I realize that the Surf-Pine Grove District is literally next to the Brewster Apartments that I visited on April 18th. The worst part is that I noticed some other interesting buildings while I was there, and even took photos of a couple. But then I decided that I should 'stay focused' on my project and I deleted them.
Oh well, Surf and Pine Grove are not far from home and I was just able to stop there on my way to work. It's mainly a couple of blocks of nice apartment buildings with terra cotta decorations. There is one neighborhood hotel that's especially ornate. It used to be called the Surf, but I can't remember the current name. (It's part of a 'chain' of three small hotels in the neighborhood that I've read are in foreclosure.)
There is also a section of greystone row houses on Pine Grove.


No comments:

Post a Comment