Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Trip 20: Hutchinson Street District
























Trip: 20
Landmarks Visited: 1
Landmarks To-Date: 26
Landmarks Remaining: 327
I actually discovered the Hutchinson Street District by accident a few years ago. My friend Jason lives on the 19th floor of a high rise that looks down on the district. The rooftops are impressive enough that I walked over to check it out.
As an added benefit, it's just a short walk from home. And Shawn went with me--he's in one of the photos standing by a lamp post.
It's a small neighborhood of large, ornate brick and stone homes. I took a picture of the landmark plaque that really describes the district well as a mixture of Prairie style and historical revival homes. There are several homes that probably deserve landmark status on their own, but grouped together the neighborhood is really impressive.

Footnote:
Just recently I read that the white house pictured in this blog is listed for sale at $3.5 million. The asking price was lowered from $3.9 million.



















No comments:

Post a Comment